Ted Nugent: Call him Chickenhawk
Harry Hope
2006-05-29 22:54:27 UTC
From The Rutland Herald, 5/28/06:
http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060528/NEWS/605280335/1017

Ted Nugent: Call him Chickenhawk

Don't you just love the Nuge?

Here's a true-blue, red-blooded guy that any patriotic American could
really get behind.

Ted Nugent is an avid hunter, a member of the National Rifle
Association and hosts two outdoor shows.

Every time he takes the stage, Nugent can be seen waving the American
flag at his rock concerts.

And he's not afraid to say what he thinks.

The Nuge is also a big fan of the current war in Iraq.

In fact, the 57-year-old rocker also "told it like it is" during the
Vietnam War.

Here's Ted on what he would have done if he went to Vietnam:

"... if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd
have killed, or I'd kill all the hippies in the foxholes -- I would
have killed everybody," he told the Detroit Free Press in an interview
published July 15, 1990.

Fortunately, for our hero, Ted didn't go to Vietnam.

And how Ted managed to avoid the draft makes President Bush look like
a war hero.

In that 1990 interview with the Free Press and from information
collected from the Chickenhawk Web site, Nugent told about how he
avoided the draft:

"He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped
all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing
but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped
using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked
with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."

It says volumes about the character of a man who calls himself the
Motor City Madman.

The Detroit native went out of his way to avoid the defining
experience of his generation, then has the gall to talk about how
eagerly he would have killed, "if" he had served.

Nugent has been a lightning rod of controversy from the beginning of
his lame career.

Here are a few choice quotes from Ted over the years:

"What's a feminist anyway? A fat pig who doesn't get enough."

"Call it ego, call it bragging, call it whatever you want, but there's
only one alpha male and that's me."

"Organized religion is good for wars, battles -- and not much else."

"Foreigners are scum; I don't like 'em; I don't want 'em in this
country; I don't want 'em selling me doughnuts; I don't want 'em
pumping my gas; I don't want 'em downwind of my life -- OK?"

"I don't objectify women. I'd like to think that I'm optimizing their
hardware."

"I don't advocate violence, I perform it."

Speaking of performing, Ted doesn't really rank up there with the real
talent.

The only genuine hit he has had in more than 30 years is "Cat-Scratch
Fever," an irritating, lame ditty that says nothing.

Nugent joins a virtual dishonor role as one of the 52 members listed
as a Chickenhawk on the Chickenhawk Web site.
http://www.nhgazette.com/cgi-bin/NHGstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=%20NEWS%3B%20Chickenhawks

What's a Chickenhawk?

"They're all for war -- as long as they don't have to serve," is the
official credo of the site.

At the top of the list is President Bush, who the site says, went AWOL
while serving in the Air National Guard.

Also listed are Vice President Cheney, presidential advisor Karl Rove
and Paul Wolfowitz, one of the architects of the Iraq War.

There are some other notables on the list, including right-wing
blabbermouth Rush Limbaugh, Fox's Bill O'Reilly, Tom DeLay and a host
of others who love the war in Iraq, but somehow managed to avoid
Vietnam.

Nugent, a well-known sportsman and avid bow hunter, openly talks about
his love of hunting.

Sportsman?

You decide.

Nugent, who categorizes his brand of hunting as "whack 'em and stack
'em," was described as an "unethical" hunter in a story that appeared
in the Wall Street Journal on July 25, 1995.

"He shoots at anything," said a Mr. Cairnes in an interview.

"You should kill what you can use. He just likes to kill a lot of
animals."

(Cairnes is a hunting guide who takes people out to stab wild pigs in
Hawaii)

Ted has also pulled in a few bucks while serving as a "guide" on
canned hunts.

According to the Detroit Free Press, "Participants pay the Renegade
Ranch (a fenced in, 300-acre canned hunting recreation area) for the
animals they kill -- anywhere from $500 for a wild boar to $5,500 for
a 6-point elk. Nugent tacks on a $250 fee for serving as celebrity
guide."

So why, one could reasonably ask, bring up this nasty Nugent nugget
after all of these years?

Under normal circumstances I would not if Nugent just went about his
business of making mediocre music and outrageous comments.

But since Ted insists on being such a "patriotic" supporter of the
carnage in Iraq and such a war-hawk, it was time to put his stand into
perspective.

Nugent could not be reached for comment.

At press time, he was in Berlin for the start of his European tour.

Nugent's disdain for drugs, alcohol and tobacco has been well
reported.

He has claimed, in a number of interviews, that he "never" took drugs.

In an interview with CREEM magazine, he told writer Jeffrey Morgan
that he finds drug users repulsive.

Except when it's time for the Draft Board:

CREEM: "Are you still a hard case on drugs?"

Nugent:

"Real hard. I have never done a drug in my life. I have never smoked a
joint in my life. I took two tokes off a joint with the MC5 one night
and almost gagged and thought it was stupid. And that's it. I took two
tokes off a joint once. I snorted one line of cocaine. And one line of
crystal methedrine before my draft physical -- but God, that was worth
it because I wanted to see the look on the Sergeant's face. That's it
for drugs."

In a later interview, Nugent told about how he smoked just 50 joints
in his entire life.

Ted hosts "Spirit of the Wild" on The Outdoor Channel and is the star
of Outdoor Life Network's new series, "Wanted: Ted or Alive."

He also loves guns.

Except when it comes to carrying one during wartime.

Right Wing Chickenhawk, Ted Nugent, Ladies and Gentelemen.

Harry
Mitchell Holman
He was against the war before he was for the war.
GOP is HISTORY
In every cesspool there's an alpha turd, and this one is it.
george
2006-05-30 16:36:35 UTC
Post by GOP is HISTORY
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
I'd say that it is you that fits that bill, traitor-fuck.
--
"The left is engaged in treason. Make no mistake about it." [Clayton
Cramer,

-----
GOP is HISTORY
2006-05-30 20:16:35 UTC
Post by george
Post by GOP is HISTORY
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
Wattsa matter, turds banging against your forehead? Try tilting your head
back, maybe the sewage will drain out your nose.
Alric Knebel
2006-06-01 12:40:40 UTC
Post by george
Post by GOP is HISTORY
In every cesspool there's an alpha turd, and this one is it.
I'd say that it is you that fits that bill, traitor-fuck.
So you're defending that loudmouthed sort of patriotism, the Nugent
type, all talk and no go? Did you read how he avoided the draft? He
shit his pants, literally, and reported to an induction center. Do you
approve?
--
Alric Knebel
http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
http://www.ironeyefortress.com
george
2006-06-01 18:10:27 UTC
Post by george
Post by GOP is HISTORY
In every cesspool there's an alpha turd, and this one is it.
I'd say that it is you that fits that bill, traitor-fuck.
So you're defending that loudmouthed sort of patriotism, the Nugent type,
all talk and no go?
Ever hear of the 1st Amendment, you fucking leftist clown?

I didn't think so...

-----
Lt. Commander Kmode
2006-06-01 19:26:34 UTC
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by george
Post by GOP is HISTORY
In every cesspool there's an alpha turd, and this one is it.
I'd say that it is you that fits that bill, traitor-fuck.
So you're defending that loudmouthed sort of patriotism, the Nugent
type, all talk and no go? Did you read how he avoided the draft? He
shit his pants, literally, and reported to an induction center. Do you
approve?
Here's Nugent spinning his way out of being a chickenhawk (draft dodger)
loudmouth clusterfuck ASS usual...

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/music/story.jsp?story=693227

--
I finally broke down and bought a firearm under my *GOD*-given 2nd
REICH-wing Amendment...I figured, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em,
then Glock'em - rofl...
george
2006-06-01 19:50:59 UTC
For those leftist morons who think that the word "chickenhawk" is some kind
epithet (and I include you as well as lying fuckheads like "GOP is HISTORY"
<***@aol.com>, and Harry Hope), here's what wikipedia says about
them.

"Chickenhawk" is the name for one of three species of hawk sometimes
considered to be a dangerous pest -- the Cooper's Hawk, the Sharp-shinned
Hawk or the Red-tailed Hawk. The first two are very close in appearance and
are often mistaken for each other. The Cooper's Hawk and Sharp-shinned Hawk
are primarily bird hunters, while the Red-tailed Hawk will take any small
animal or bird on the ground. Officially, per the AOU's bird naming, the
term has become obsolete as applied to birds, but still enjoys widespread
colloquial use in many rural areas of North America where either of the two
species may be a threat to small outdoor animals kept as pets or livestock,
especially *CHICKENS*. While the term is still widely used by those who keep
such animals, it is too ambiguous to be of any scholarly usefulness; thus,
the term's propriety (or lack thereof) depends entirely upon context."
[Widipedia.org]

In otherwords, chickenhawks have LEFTWING CHICKENS for lunch!

"Better to be the chickenhawk than the libby-dem chicken"

HTH, HANCD-OOP,F!
--

Post by Lt. Commander Kmode
then Glock'em - rofl...
ccr
2006-06-01 20:09:41 UTC
Nice try to spin more bullshit, Georgina. Words can have more than one
meaning. The fact is guys like Bush and Cheney are big backers of aggressive
and unnecessary war as long as they don't have to do any of the dirty work.
They are cowards--chickenhawks.
--
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of
fighting a foreign enemy." James Madison
Hawk or the Red-tailed Hawk.
george
2006-06-01 20:45:38 UTC
Post by ccr
Nice try to spin more bullshit, Georgina.
It comes right from widipedia, fucktard.

Take it up with them.
Post by ccr
Words can have more than one meaning.
Sometimes true.

But the point is that we on the right routinely have you leftist fucktard
CHICKENS for "lunch" every time you dare to post.
Post by ccr
The fact is guys like Bush and Cheney are big backers of aggressive and
unnecessary war as long as they don't have to do any of the dirty work.
They are cowards--chickenhawks.
Here's some more from Wikipedia...

"The Copperheads were a faction of Democrats in the North who opposed the
American Civil War, wanting an immediate peace settlement with the
Confederates. The name Copperheads was given to them by their opponents the
Republicans, probably derived from the venomous snake (the Copperhead) that
strikes without warning — Copperheads reinterpreted this insult as a term of
honor, and wore copper liberty-head coins as badges. They were also called
"Peace Democrats" and "Butternuts". The most famous Copperhead was Ohio's
Clement L. Vallandigham, who was a vehement opponent of Lincoln's policies."
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperheads_%28politics%29]

You see, even then DEMOCRATS were the TREASON PARTY. They were FOR
surrender then as they are now.

Chickenhawks also hunt down and kill copperhead snakes.

That's why you snakes are out of power.....
--

Hawk or the Red-tailed Hawk.
Adam Albright
2006-06-01 22:16:51 UTC
Post by ccr
Words can have more than one meaning.
Sometimes true.
But the point is that we on the right routinely have you leftist fucktard
CHICKENS for "lunch" every time you dare to post.
I own you. I got a new roll of quarters. Now dance for me some more
George.
GOP is HISTORY
2006-06-01 21:56:27 UTC
Post by george
[...]
Gotta run to Wikipedia to defend yourself, chickenhawk? Is that pesky
Alzheimers making you forget about the dictionary next to your computer?
What an imbecile!
Adam Albright
2006-06-01 22:52:40 UTC
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:56:27 GMT, "GOP is HISTORY"
Post by GOP is HISTORY
Post by george
[...]
Asshole George, I'm suggesting everyone refer to him as such from now
on, can't even lie good. Here's what Wikipedia ACTUALLY says:

Chickenhawk (also chicken hawk and chicken-hawk) is a political
epithet used in United States to criticize a politician, bureaucrat,
or commentator who strongly supports a war or other military action,
but has never personally been in a war, especially (but not always) if
that person is perceived to have actively avoided military service
when of draft age. The term is a deliberate insult, meant to indicate
that the person in question is cowardly or hypocritical for personally
avoiding combat in the past while advocating that others go to war in
the present. Often, the implication is that the person in question
lacks the experience, judgment, or moral standing to make decisions
about going to war.

In political usage chickenhawk is a compound of chicken (meaning
coward) and hawk (meaning someone who advocates war, first used to
describe "War Hawks" in the War of 1812

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenhawk_(politics)

wbarwell
2006-05-30 08:46:48 UTC
Post by Harry Hope
"He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped
all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing
but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped
using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked
with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."
It says volumes about the character of a man who calls himself the
Motor City Madman.
A brave , brave man. A maggot infested long haired hippy, say wot?
Now he's Mr. Tough Guy.
--
"Its the hit dog what yelps."
- Mark Twain

Cheerful Charlie
Roedy Green
2006-05-30 14:04:13 UTC
Post by Harry Hope
"He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped
all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing
but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped
using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked
with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment."
“I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to
get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to
better myself and learn to fly airplanes.”
~ George W. Bush
1984-05 to the Houston Chronicle
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green, http://mindprod.com
"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."
~ W. Edwards Deming
o***@aol.com
Harry
Alric Knebel
2006-06-01 12:37:37 UTC
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
He definitely epitomizes that obnoxious right-wing type who shoots his
mouth off without a bit of class. His objective is to pander to the
ug-muglies, that type who thinks politics is about mugging and leering
for the cameras. I can't wait until the political face of the country
changes so this ugly sort of shit can be consigned to the outhouses from
which it came.
More-on 'Puke-lick-cans
2006-06-01 19:28:42 UTC
http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060528/NEWS/605280
Post by Alric Knebel
335/1017
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by Harry Hope
[...]

Just multiple-search for "shit" and he spins his draft-dodging in his usual
clusterfuckness kinda way...

--
I'm a compASSionate CUNTservative neoCONdescender with
a twist of blASSphemy thrown in for truth :)))

BTW...fuck the jesus myth
Morton Davis
2006-06-01 19:42:09 UTC
http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060528/NEWS/605280
Post by Harry Hope
Post by Alric Knebel
335/1017
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by Harry Hope
[...]
Keep changing nyms and I'll keep killfiling your nasty fuckwit ass.